A Leader in Hospitality and Food Service Management
Delaware North Companies International is a subsidiary of Delaware North Companies, which was founded by brothers Charles, Louis and Marvin Jacobs in 1915. Their U.S. hospitality management company was launched when the brothers began operating concessions in New York movie theatres. This was so successful, they began expanding the business into the new field of sports concessions, basically creating a new market for themselves.
Since then, Delaware North Companies has expanded its operations and now provides venue and food service management expertise at distinguished locations around the globe, including:
- Professional sports venues
- International airports
- World-class resorts and spas
- National parks
- Major landmarks
- Casinos and entertainment venues
What started as a small enterprise of three brothers nearly 100 years ago has become a global organisation that continues to grow. Here are some of the key dates in our history:
- 1960 - The company commenced international operations and at various times and venues over the next 25 years, provided hospitality and food service management in the United Kingdom, Europe and Asia.
- 1988 - Delaware North Companies International was established in Australia. Since that time, we have continued to expand our operations in Australia and New Zealand, as well as the United Kingdom.
- 2002 - Delaware North Companies United Kingdom was established after winning the exclusive hospitality and food service management contract at Wembley Stadium.
- 2009 - Delaware North entered the United Kingdom travel hospitality market opening at London Heathrow Airport - Terminal 4 and Edinburgh Airport. In addition, in Australia we expanded our portfolio to include Parks & Resorts was established after we acquired iconic Australian resorts Lizard Island, Heron Island and Wilson Island on the Great Barrier Reef, and Kings Canyon in the Northern Territory, and El Questro Wilderness Park and Homestead in Western Australia.
- 2011 - Delaware North UK extended our presence in Edinburgh Airport with two new outlets and opened 4 outlets in Glasgow Airport
- Today - We operate in dozens of locations and industries, including prestigious sporting and entertainment venues, major airports and travel hubs, leisure and entertainment destinations and educational institutions.
For an overview of our hospitality management company’s business structure, please view our Business Structure Chart.