Parks & Resorts
Drawing on our exceptional locations and experiences in our U.S. parks and resorts portfolio, Delaware North Companies Australia & New Zealand acquired five prestigious Australian resorts in 2009. Each resort is located in an iconic Australian location, ensuring that our guests’ journey truly does begin with a special place.
At each destination, we provide experiences that offer the perfect balance of world-class accommodations, the best local cuisine and the kind of touring and sightseeing that will be talked about long after the experience is over.
Parks & Resorts Portfolio
- El Questro Wilderness Park & Homestead, Kimberley, Western Australia
- Kings Canyon Resort, Northern Territory
- Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
- Wilson Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
- Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
El Questro Wilderness Park & Homestead is a jewel set on 1 million acres of stunning, rugged terrain, offering a true taste of a last frontier outback experience. The property features:
- The exclusive Homestead, which is set on a cliff overlooking the Chamberlain River and has been praised on Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List.
- The luxurious accommodations of the safari-style tents at Emma Gorge Resort.
- The Station – the perfect combination of relaxation and rustic beauty – where you can camp with others or find your special spot on a remote stretch of river.
Kings Canyon Resort, located in the Australian outback between Alice Springs and Uluru, was formed more than 440 million years ago and is the perfect starting point from which to:
- Explore the wonders of the Lost City of rock domes, the dramatic sandstone gorges and Garden-of-Eden-like oasis.
- Choose camping or four-star accommodations in the heart of a majestic and ancient land.
Heron Island is a favourite destination for divers, snorkelers and families looking to immerse themselves in a truly natural island with sensational marine life:
- One of the few coral cays on the Great Barrier Reef, Heron Island is recognized as part of a World Heritage-listed area.
- A breeding ground for mutton birds and black noddy terns, Heron Island is also home to green and loggerhead turtles. To the delight of our guests, whales sometimes call in for a visit.
Wilson Island is an exclusive, tiny, coral cay island, accommodating only 12 guests (six couples). The castaway-themed tented cabins are enhanced by the resort’s sumptuous cuisine, premium beverages and world-class snorkeling.
Lizard Island is consistently listed as one of the top 10 hotels of the world, receiving praise for its unrivalled Great Barrier Reef location, natural beauty, incredible diving and exceptional service and style. Fringed with colourful coral reefs and 24 powdery beaches, Lizard Island is a picture-perfect island for discerning travelers.