Masters of their trade
Delaware North Companies’ broad culinary program is guided by our Culinary & Hospitality Council and a team of more than 140 highly trained professional chefs around the globe, including our culinary leader – Master Chef Roland Henin – one of only a few dozen certified master chefs in the country. Collectively, this team helps Delaware North reach our absolute best in culinary operations. The results are noteworthy and our talented chefs are frequently featured in national media.
We have extraordinarily high expectations of our culinary team, whose members are widely known for going above and beyond in their service and culinary leadership. For example:
- We require and pay for all chefs to become professionally certified through the American Culinary Federation (ACF), in addition to numerous other requirements.
- We expect our chefs to uphold and enhance the company’s reputation for delivering the highest quality food and beverages to thousands of customers each and every day.
- Our chefs have the expertise and skill to customize menus to the guests’ tastes and preferences.
- Our culinarians take pride in purchasing local produce and brand-name products with appeal, as well as presenting food with artistry and style and always striving to set industry trends.
- We also create menus that reflect the region, provide in-seat food-and-beverage service and a full breadth of culinary items ranging from casual to extraordinary concepts and action stations to full-service bars.
International Culinary OlympicsFor the past 20 years, the prestigious Culinary Olympics has provided a stage on which the world’s most talented chefs present their culinary skills and compete for medals and the champion title. Entry requirements are stringent and only the most elite chefs are admitted to the competition. In 2008, four of Delaware North’s chefs earned top awards in the International Culinary Olympics held in Erfurt, Germany. The team included: Executive Chefs Kevin Doherty, Scott Green, Tab Daulton and Ambarish Lulay. They were coached by internationally acclaimed Master Chef Roland Henin, Delaware North’s corporate chef and chief culinary ambassador.
Delaware North Companies’ chef certification program is revolutionary to the hospitality industry. We are the only company in the industry that requires (and pays for) all of our salaried and hourly sous chefs to be independently certified by the American Culinary Federation or Pro Chef. We have more than 140 chefs who have been certified and continue to achieve progressively higher levels of certification throughout their prestigious careers.