Delaware North Food Service Brands
The best of taste
Delaware North was the first member of the industry to consider airports as harbingers of the sights, sounds and tastes of the regions where they are located. Utilizing this Gateway Concept℠ that we introduced to the travel industry, we approach each travel food service opportunity by putting together a compelling mix of strong regional, national and proprietary brands.
Some vivid examples of our exceptional brand partnerships can be found at:
• Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, where you can get hot deli sandwiches from Austin's own Schlotzsky's Deli® served on Schlotzsky's original sourdough bread
• Also at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, The Salt Lick®, where guests can sample open-pit, Texas-style barbeque
• Nashville’s world-famous Tootsies at Nashville Metropolitan Airport, a favorite of music legends Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson
From the award-winning barbecue in Austin to the Anchor Bar – the birthplace of the ubiquitous chicken wing – in the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport, we never stop looking for ways to enhance travel food service.
We follow our highly acclaimed, proprietary GuestPath® customer service platform at all of our food and beverage locations, providing outstanding service to each and every guest. In addition, all of our locations follow our award-winning, proprietary GreenPath® environmental management program – where we make every effort to recycle, minimize waste and conserve natural resources.
Travel Food Service National Brands
Thinking big at travel hubs across the United States
Delaware North’s travel division has built strategic partnerships with major food and beverage brands in airports and travel plazas across the nation.
Here are a few examples of other exciting national brands we incorporate into airports and travel plazas throughout the United States:
• The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® at Ontario International Airport (as well as at other Delaware North airport locations) is the oldest and largest U.S.-based, privately held global specialty coffee and tea retailer
• Skewers, a restaurant concept by Food Network Iron Chef Morimoto, features yakitori-style meals of skewered grilled meats with vegetables, served with rice bowls at Los Angeles International Airport
• Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club, the exclusive sports bar concept in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, is a modern sports bar, where travelers can watch the game of their choice in an opulent lounge setting – all without leaving the airport.
Delaware North Food Service Regional Brands
Building on local pride
One of the great benefits of operating in premier travel locations throughout the country is that Delaware North has the opportunity to immerse itself in the local communities and bring out the very best that they have to offer, from the best barbecue in Texas to Buffalo’s world-famous chicken wings, our travel food service team takes pride in featuring favorite flavors from each of the locations in which we operate.
DELAWARE NORTH BRANDS
Travel Food Service Delaware North Brands
With nearly 100 years of experience in food service management, Delaware North has leveraged that expertise in its travel division by incorporating some of our very own proprietary brands into the locations in which we operate. Vito’s Market – a Delaware North proprietary concept – originated in Buffalo, N.Y., and is now featured at the company’s corporate headquarters and in airports across the country. When we add our other travel food service brands, such as Harvest & Grounds℠ and Cross Grains℠, you can be sure your guests will have choices that are second to none.
Delaware North Retail Management Services
We’re making retail news
Delaware North creates retail concepts and provides exceptional retail expertise in more than 400,000 square feet of merchandise space in stores around the globe, with retail revenues in excess of $250 million annually. We offer travel retail strategies and operational management services that are best-of-class in the industry. Our client list is equally impressive, as is the wide array of merchandise and products that we manage. From licensed sports merchandise to grocery and convenience store items, we develop product assortments designed to maximize revenue opportunities.
Our travel business is making retail news by transforming ordinary airports and travel plazas into vibrant, colorful ambassadors of their cities. We begin with a two-pronged retail strategy:
1. Bring the latest retail concepts to increasingly discerning travelers; and
2. Help airports act as a reflection of their communities through the right mix of national, regional and local brands and businesses.
We employ our highly acclaimed, proprietary GuestPath® customer service platform at all of our travel retail locations, providing outstanding service to each and every guest. In addition, all of our locations follow our award-winning, proprietary GreenPath® environmental management program – providing reusable shopping bags for guests and using “green” construction whenever we can in our newly developed retail spaces.
The perfect mix of merchandising
Through carefully selected merchandise and customized designs, travelers enjoy a wonderful shopping experience at Delaware North's national travel retail locations and specialty stores.
Our travel retail management team is proud to have pioneered the introduction of regional products in retail concepts that showcase the area, culture and environment while providing a sense of place for each location. Many of our airport locations feature favorite regional themes and merchandise so that travelers can find items reflecting the unique characteristics of the region they are travelling in or perhaps coming home to.